Contact the Barbour County Commission
Serving Barbour County, WV
26 North Main Street
Philippi, WV 26416
8:30am – 4:30pm
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Day (Third Monday in January)
- President’s Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- West Virginia Day (June 20)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Columbus Day (Second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day After Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
In addition, time off is given for the following:
When Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, the preceding half day (not to exceed four hours) on Christmas Eve (December 24) and New Year’s Eve (December 31) are given as time off.
Any day on which a Primary or General election is held throughout the State, and such other days as the President, Governor, or other duly constituted authority proclaim to be official holidays or days of special observance or thanksgiving, or days for the general cessation of business, is given as time off.
When a holiday falls on a Saturday, the previous Friday is observed; when a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is observed.